With our Galapagos Wildlife Experience with Boat Trip you will enjoy a wonderful Playa Tortuga and boat trip to discover the marine life that inhabits it, you will have an unforgettable experience Read more ➤
Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora
- Duration - 8 hours
- Boat Trips & Charters
- What’s this? After you book the Tour or Activity we send you your Tour Voucher or a Ticket(s).
The Voucher is your booking confirmation and tour providers can accept e-Voucher, printed Voucher or both Voucher types.
e-Voucher means that's enough, if you save received Voucher to your phone and show on the tour beginning.
Printed Voucher means after receiving the Voucher you have to print it and take with you to give it printed to the tour provovider at the tour beginning.e-Voucher, Printed Voucher
- Cancellation PolicyStrict Cancellation Policy means that:
Deposit is not refundable. No matter when you cancelled a booking, 100 percent of the paid deposit is charged as the cancellation fee.Strict
- Guide options If the tour is guided here you can see available tour languages. Usually it means along the tour you have a professional tour guide guiding the tour in one or a few specified languages.
Some tours or Activities doesn't require the guide and have a pilots, instructors or simply provider's team member who take care of you along the tour. In this case it's marked as "Not Guided" tour, because it doesn't require a professional tour guide.Language: English
- Barrio El Edén
The Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora in Santa Cruz island is one of the most demanded tours among the travelers visiting Galapagos. The Bartolome Island is a natural reserve and the only way to get there is the regular tour like ours and book it as far in advance as you can.
- Step on the land and discover one of the best protected wildlife areas of Galapagos Islands!
- Watch Galapagos penguins, White tip sharks, Galapagos Hawks, seals and rich marine life of Bartolome!
- Hike and do amazing photos of the stunning and colorful volcanic landscapes and breath-stopping scenery!
- Snorkel and explore rich and so unusual marine life of Bartolome Island!
Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora
The Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora is an absolutely unique boat trip to the protected natural reserve of Bartolome Island, located North West of Santa Cruz Island. The day trip to Bartolome starts with early morning pick-ups of the tour participants from their hotels in Puerto Ayora. Later on, we will cross the Santa Cruz island in the coach to the North and get on board of the yacht in Itabaca Canal. The sailing between Santa Cruz and Bartolome islands takes us about two hours in one direction and the Bartolome Island is located North West of Santa Cruz Island.
Bartolome offers absolutely stunning scenery and wildlife and its landscapes are simply a paradise for photography enthusiasts! Along the Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora, even a transfer to the Itabaca Canal is an interesting sightseeing experience, because this way you can discover also the beauty of Santa Cruz island.
At the same time, the real adventure starts right after you get on board of our yacht and set the sails toward Bartolome Island. You can see signs of extremely rich sea life on the way to your destination and once you arrived the Bartolome Island will show you it even more. You are able to watch Galapagos penguins, white tip sharks Galapagos hawks, seals and rich marine life while snorkeling.
You are going to hike, relax and snorkel, if you wish, surely. Along the trip, you are served with drinks, snacks and very tasty lunch on board of our yacht and we do all the possible to allow you to explore the nature and beauty of this pearl of Galapagos in the best possible manner!
If you are planning to book our trip to Bartolome Island, please, remember the fact that this boat trip is extremely demanded among the Galapagos Islands visitors and you better book it as far in advance, as it is possible, even in a year or two.
Another thing you must agree, booking Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora is that here are special and non-standard conditions apply - right after paying required booking deposit you will have to pay also the remaining balance in advance. It because the trip is so popular. After the tour is booked and availability confirmed, we will contact you by TripsPoint Messenger or email providing payment details to pay the remaining balance - it could be paid with bank transfer or with PayPal (in the case of PayPal additional surcharge of PayPal commission applies). Once the booking deposit and remaining balance paid (so the booking is fully paid) you are getting the tour Voucher which you show on pick-up. Exact pick-up time from your hotel in Puerto Ayora depend on the hotel location and specified in your Voucher as the start time.
To get a full and detailed itinerary of the Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora, please, scroll down.
- Local taxes.
- Snorkel gear.
- Galapagos Naturalist guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only).
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase).
- Visited Places:
- Bartolomé Island
Itinerary of the Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora in Santa Cruz island:
7:00 AM - Pick up at the hotel
- Our shuttle will pick up all passengers from hotels in Puerto Ayora. Make sure to be ready at the designated time, remember that you can be the first ones or last ones to be picked up, so please give an extra fifteen minutes to that time.
8:15 AM - arrival Itabaca Canal and Boarding
- After a fifty minute drive to Itabaca Canal, you will board the yacht in groups. Once in the yacht, safety instructions will be explained.
8:50 AM - Departure to the Bartolome island
- Our captain will start engines and the journey will begin to the island after security checks with crew members.
*Special meals under request only.
10:00 AM - Arrival to the Bartolome Island
- Engines will stop and guides will announce the arrival, you will have to prepare to disembark for hiking.
10:15 AM - Disembark and visit on the island
- The disembark will be in groups, make sure to bring water and a camera.
12:15 PM - Snack on board
- You will be welcomed back with fresh snacks prepared by our chef.
12:20 PM - Snorkel time on Bartolome’s Beach or Sullivan Bay
- You will discover the marine wildlife around the island or just enjoy a sunbath on the beach.
1:20 PM - Return to the yacht
- You will get back on board.
1:30 - Lunch on board
- Lunch will be served on board to all passengers in the lounge, bridge, and rooftop. You will be served fresh fish, salads, rice, and dessert afterward.
*Special meals under request only.
2:00 PM - Return to Santa Cruz / Itabaca Canal
- The captain will start engines and the journey back home will begin after security checks with crew members.
4:00 PM - Arrival to Itabaca Canal and return to Puerto Ayora
- You will disembark the yacht in groups and board our shuttle. Make sure not to forget anything on board of the yacht or shuttle.
5:00 PM - Arrival back to your hotel
- This is the estimated time of arrival to your hotel in Puerto Ayora and the end of Bartolome Island Day Trip.
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Vegetarian/Vegan meal option is available, please advise right after the booking made.
- No Expectant Mothers!
- No Serious Medical Conditions!
- No Back Problems!
Frequently Asked Questions
Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora duration is 8 hours.Book Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You can book Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora at least in 5 days. Check availability calendar in "Book Now" form to see currently available dates.Book Bartolome Island Day Trip from Puerto Ayora now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You may also like
The Bartolome Island Adventure - Day trip from Santa Cruz Island is a day full of adventure, unbeatable scenery aboard a spectacular yacht, a day in Bartolome Island, snorkelling, coral beach, sea Read more ➤
On the North Seymour Island Day Tour & Bacchas Beach you encounter swallow-tailed gulls, blue footed boobies, and sea lions. The island is an important nesting colony of blue footed boobies, and has Read more ➤
The North Seymour Island Tour - Day Trip from Puerto Ayora takes you to one of the most interesting smaller uninhabited islands of Galapagos. North Seymour located to the North of bigger Baltra Read more ➤
The Day Trip to South Plaza Island from Puerto Ayora is the must-do day tour for those visitors who wish to discover the protected remote smaller islands of Galapagos, full of very unusual wildlife. Read more ➤