Discover Madagascar Vacation Package combines the best of West and South Malagasy. You will enjoy the culture of Malagasy manners without time constraints. It brings together discoveries, adventures, Read more ➤
East Madagascar Tour - 15 Days Package
- On the tour page:
- Essential information
- Tour Highlights
- Tour Description
- What’s included and excluded
- Tour Itinerary
- Additional information
- Prices & Availability
- Pick-Up locations
- Pick-Up time
- Cancellation policy
Duration - 15 days
Multi-Day Tours & Cruises
What’s this? After you book the Tour or Activity we send you your Tour Voucher or a Ticket(s).
The Voucher is your booking confirmation and tour providers can accept e-Voucher, printed Voucher or both Voucher types.
e-Voucher means that's enough, if you save received Voucher to your phone and show on the tour beginning.
Printed Voucher means after receiving the Voucher you have to print it and take with you to give it printed to the tour provovider at the tour beginning.Printed Voucher
Cancellation Policy Standard Cancellation Policy means that:
If you cancel this tour booking at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 13 and 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee charged from the paid deposit.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, or don’t show up at the meeting point on time there is a 100 percent cancellation fee charged from the paid deposit.Standard
Guide options If the tour is guided here you can see available tour languages. Usually it means along the tour you have a professional tour guide guiding the tour in one or a few specified languages.
Some tours or Activities doesn't require the guide and have a pilots, instructors or simply provider's team member who take care of you along the tour. In this case it's marked as "Not Guided" tour, because it doesn't require a professional tour guide.Language: English, German, Spanish
We pick you up in the Ivato International Airport, transfer to hotel to start the tour next day or pick you up directly from your Hotel in Antananarivo.
On the East Madagascar Tour we propose to visit two completely different regions. From the houses in red earth surrounded by rice fields where the population is active in the fields we gradually go down the east coast through the Pangalane Canal dotted with small villages.
- Explore both wilderness and authentic culture of Madagascar on the East Madagascar Tour!
- Ideal package for those who visit Madagascar for the first time!
- Explore National Park Ranomafana!
- Explore Isalo National Park!
- Explore Pangalane Channel!
- Admire Lemurs and Chameleons of Madagascar in their natural habitat!
East Madagascar Tour - 15 Days Package
With the East Madagascar Tour - 15 Days Package you are going to discover the mix of the East with its green vegetation and the wild landscape of Southern Madagascar. Ideal for the first trip to Madagascar, this tour will allow you, following the National 7, to discover the many faces of the island.
Throughout a variety of landscapes, you make stops in characteristic sites and meet a very welcoming population. This tour in Madagascar includes the visit of 2 of the most beautiful national parks: the Isalo and the Ranomafana. The flora and fauna preserved in these parks will amaze you. And, a touch of originality in this trip to Madagascar: the train journey from Fianarantsoa to Manakara to discover the landscapes of eastern Madagascar in an unusual way. The unique sensations during the descent of the Pangalanes Canal will delight you...
East Madagascar Tour ends with the discovery of the east of the Big Island where the encounters promise to be authentic and original.
- Hotel** in BB, except full board during the River Trip in Pangalane (days 6, 7, 8).
- Drinking water.
- Car (mini-van) + Driver.
- Transfer Airport - Hotel.
- Domestic flight.
- Park fee, Local guide.
- Lunch and Dinner except during the River Trip in Pangalane (days 6, 7, 8).
- International flights.
- Tips, Drinks.
- Personal expenses.
- Excursion at Ifaty.
- Visited Places:
Itinerary of the East Madagascar Tour - 15 Days Package:
DAY 1 - Arrival in Antananarivo
- Welcome to the airport by the team of GMT+3 then transfer to the capital of Madagascar and set up in your hotel.
DAY 2 - Antananarivo-Andasibe
- Departure to Andasibe National Park. Gradually leaving the mountainous region and plunging into the beautiful landscape of the East.
- A small stop in Marovezo to visit the Reserve Pereiras: butterfly farm, reptiles, and chameleons.
- After the Tour, continue to Andasibe and then set up in your hotel.
- Take the lunch, then in the afternoon, visit the private reserve of Vakona Forest Lodge, where you will discover crocodiles, lemurs, and some endemic birds…
DAY 3 - Andasibe
- After breakfast, you will visit the National Park of Analamzaotra to discover the biggest lemurs of the island which is Indri Indri then its faunas and flowers.
- After the tour, return to the hotel.
- Night tour before dinner.
DAY 4 - Andasibe – Manambato
- After breakfast, back on the road, still heading east towards Manambato.
- After lunch, transfer by boat to Akanin'ny Nofy.
- Night visit in the evening.
DAY 5 - Manambato – Mahanoro
- Morning dedicated to the visit of the Palmarium, a private nature reserve of all beauty. The Palmarium is located on a 50ha Peninsula. This situation contributes to the charm of this reserve. You will discover, quite exceptional, a dozen species of lemurs, living in freedom and having the habit of cohabiting together, and a rare and endemic terrestrial and arboreal fauna. The diversity of the flora is not out of the question and this one is magnificent, made up of orchids, palm trees specific to Madagascar, plants able to resist the drought, impressive vines, carnivorous plants, etc.
- In the afternoon, departure to reach Mahanoro (by car), the place where you will begin the journey on the Pangalanes Canal. This canal was built in the early days of settlement.
- The tour will take 2 nights/3 days sailing to reach Mananjary.
DAY 6 - Mahanoro - Ansohihy
- Breakfast in the morning, today is hiking day and the last day of our stay. It is a fairly easy flat course 5 km long with a low 10m drop at an altitude at sea level.
- Boat trip in the boat to reach the starting point located on the ferry of Andranotsara on the RN 11.
- We walk along this national road (which has become a trail now) on the Left Bank of the canal, we will meet perhaps only one or two cars on this road which has become deserted for the benefit of navigation on the Pangalanes.
- Passage of the bridge of Ampanalana: photo session of the top of the bridge with a panoramic view of the canal and our boat that awaits us below. - A short break to visit the village (chatting with the owner of a small bush shop typical of the region, where you can find a little of everything, "Chez Maurice" makes everyone's life better).
- Re boat to Ambodiharina, a small town well animated by the commercial activities of the canal.
- Lunch on board, or at your own pace, on the fine sand of the Bank of the mouth of the Mangoro River, and then across this immense mouth.
- Last stop to visit a plantation of spices; vanilla, cloves, cinnamon ... will perfume your memory rich in color and emotion.
DAY 7 - Ambohimahatsinjo / Asohihy
- Peaceful sailing after the rough day of the day before.
- First stop at Nosy Varika (the island of lemurs). Becoming a big city, the lemurs had to leave their home for the benefit of the man - we will only take the opportunity to go to the market to find some organic and fresh things for lunch.
- Re-embarkation and hold your breath, the crossing of the Great Lake of Analampontsy will last a good three quarters of an hour and it is necessary to rely on the skill and the sense of orientation of our brave pilot to lead to the continuation of the route of the channel, some boats have turned in round having lost the direction.
- After passing the village, the canal changes shape and flows between high sandbanks bordered by the forest of Niaouli.
- Lunch on board before arriving in Masomeloka (Les Yeux en bias), a charming town surrounded by coconut trees, discovering the traditions and customs of the villagers. Then welcome to Asohihy, between the sea and the canal Des Pangalanes.
- Late afternoon free: stroll along the white sand beach of the Indian Ocean.
DAY 8 - Ambohimahatsinjo / Mananjary / Manakara
- Departure at 7:00 AM from the embarcadère of the Route des spices.
- Visit of Ampadimana, the discovery of artisanal workshops (weaving, basket weaving, cage construction, and canoes, forge).
- Continuation by the crossing of the extraordinary Bay of Andragnazavaka. With its immense body of water as far as the eye can see.
- Stop Boating (The beautiful village), the last most northerly village on the East Coast erected by the ethnic group Antambahoaka, visit of the enigmatic Vato Sarilambo (White Elephant) describing the origin of this ethnic group, and of a factory of 'betsabetsa' (local Mead), then meals (fresh products bought along the way, based on fruit).
- Arrival in Mananjary at the end of the afternoon and transfer to Manakara.
DAY 9 - Manakara-Ranomafana
- You leave Manakara towards the northwest on a hilly and often winding road.
- Along the way, visit the small market and the village of Tanala. Possibility of tasting exotic fruits: cinnamon apple, corossol, etc. arrive in the middle of the afternoon in Ranomafana and set up at your hotel.
- Guided tour of the village and the thermal spring in the afternoon.
DAY 10: Ranomafana
- The park of Ranomafana is one of the best equipped for the discovery of the rich biodiversity of the humid forests of the eastern coast of the island. It is here that the previously unknown lemur variety of the Golden Hapalemur was discovered in 1986.
- With its 118 species of birds, many of which are endemic, Ranomafana is also a bird-watching hotspot.
- Refreshments and overnight.
DAY 11 - Ranomfana - Isalo
- Departure in the morning to Ambalavao, capital of beautiful Betsileo fabrics sometimes fringed with small pearls, and antemoro paper handcrafted from the bark.
- Visit to a workshop is scheduled as well as that of a winery. Ambalavao is also a place of high Malagasy wines. Don't forget to photograph the pretty houses with floor timbers, very characteristic of this locality.
- Continue to Isalo.
DAY 12 - Isalo
- After breakfast, visit the Isalo National Park (Makis Canyons).
- After the tour, return to the hotel.
DAY 13: Isalo - Tulear - Ifaty
- Transfer to Tuléar through the Horombe Highlands. Passing through the village of Sapphire Ilakaka then continue to Tulear with desert landscapes.
- Arriving in Tulear, have lunch before returning to the sandy road to Ifaty.
- When you arrive, check-in at your hotel.
DAY 14 - Ifaty
- Free day to admire the beauty of the region.
DAY 15 - Ifaty - Tuléar - Tana
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to Antananarivo.
- Upon arrival, meet at the airport then transfer to your hotel for lunch.
- A short half-day to discover the historic Old Town of Antananarivo. Starting with the splendid view of Antananarivo, then from far away from the Queen's Palace (under construction), the former Palace of justices, the Palace of Andafiavaratra which houses the exhibition of objects saved from the fire of the Queen's Palace in 1995.
Frequently Asked Questions
East Madagascar Tour - 15 Days Package duration is 15 days.Book East Madagascar Tour - 15 Days Package now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You can book East Madagascar Tour - 15 Days Package at least in 7 days. Check availability calendar in "Book Now" form to see currently available dates.Book East Madagascar Tour - 15 Days Package now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You may also like