With Tsavo East Day Safari you explore the largest park in Kenya, Tsavo East National Park, measuring 11,665 square kilometers. Tsavo East is the home to the famous Red Elephants, lions, hippos, Read more ➤
- Discover Shimba Hills with the private day tour from Mombasa!
- Observe amazing bio diversity, including rare and endangered Sable Antelopes!
Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa
Take the Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa - it is an important area for plant biodiversity over 50% of the rare plants are found in Shimba Hills, including some endangered species of cycad and orchids. It is also a nationally important site for birds. Over 420 bird species and butterflies.
There are estimated to be approximately 700 elephants in the reserve, this population is unstainable high because it causes significant damage to the vegetation threatening the endangered plant life. The conflict between humans and elephants has also reached a critical level.
Other animals including sable & Roan antelopes, Giraffes, Hert beasts, impalas, warthog, colobus monkeys, baboons, Buffalos, and rare Leopards.
- Game drives
- Mineral water - 1 litre
- Private tour guide
- Visited Places:
Itinerary of the Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa:
- Depart early in the morning from your hotel at 06:00 am to Shimba Hills National Reserve.
- Arrive at the gate and start game watch then visit Sheldrick waterfalls escorted by a ranger, this is a nature walk in style.
- Shimba hills national reserve is a small park in the coast province. It covers an area of 220 km2 and gazetted in 1968. The reserve is an area of coastal rainforest, woodland, grassland, and tropical.
- Drive to the Shimba lodge for lunch. The only treetop hotel on the coast.
- Watch the animal at the water hole.
- Proceed on with the game drive after lunch and depart back to your beach holiday hotel in Mombasa.
- Arrive early evening.
End of the Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time does the Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa take?
Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa duration is 12 hours.Book Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
How many days in advance I must book Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa?
You can book Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa at least in 2 days. Check availability calendar in "Book Now" form to see currently available dates.Book Shimba Hills Day Safari from Mombasa now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You may also like
Ol Pejeta is the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa, and home to two of the world’s last remaining northern white rhino. It is the only place in Kenya to see chimpanzees, in a Sanctuary e Read more ➤
Nairobi, as a capital city, is unique in having a wildlife park on its doorstep. Indeed the city abuts the Nairobi National Park on all but the southern perimeter so it is possible to photograph a Read more ➤
Lake Nakuru’s special delicacies aren’t eatable. Instead, this national park has a plethora of beautiful pink flamingos, staining the surrounding of this lake with a luscious pink color. These spl Read more ➤
Hell’s Gate National Park is famous for its natural hot geysers, eagle, and vulture breeding grounds, visitors have the choice of driving, walking, camping, cycling, and rock-climbing within the p Read more ➤