Egypt Pyramids Tour - Private Day Tour from Cairo and Giza will take you to learn about the Egyptian believe about the afterlife and how the Egyptians built the great pyramid. Visit the Egyptian Read more ➤
Guided tour-transfer Luxor to Aswan over Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo
- Duration - 10 hours
- Private Tours
- What’s this? After you book the Tour or Activity we send you your Tour Voucher or a Ticket(s).
The Voucher is your booking confirmation and tour providers can accept e-Voucher, printed Voucher or both Voucher types.
e-Voucher means that's enough, if you save received Voucher to your phone and show on the tour beginning.
Printed Voucher means after receiving the Voucher you have to print it and take with you to give it printed to the tour provovider at the tour beginning.e-Voucher
- Cancellation PolicyStandard Cancellation Policy means that:
If you cancel this tour booking at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 13 and 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee charged from the paid deposit.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, or don’t show up at the meeting point on time there is a 100 percent cancellation fee charged from the paid deposit.Standard
- Guide options If the tour is guided here you can see available tour languages. Usually it means along the tour you have a professional tour guide guiding the tour in one or a few specified languages.
Some tours or Activities doesn't require the guide and have a pilots, instructors or simply provider's team member who take care of you along the tour. In this case it's marked as "Not Guided" tour, because it doesn't require a professional tour guide.Language: English, German, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, French
- Madinet Al Bayadeyah
Guided tour-transfer Luxor to Aswan over Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo. Don't waste a vacation day on a boring transfer from Luxor to Aswan (or vv). Make the most of your vacation by visiting the temples along the way: Khnum Temple at Esna, Horus Temple at Edfu and the famous temple at Kom Ombo.
- Khnum Temple at Esna
- Horus Temple at Edfu
- Haroeris and Sobek Temple at Kom Ombo
Guided tour-transfer Luxor to Aswan over Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo
Instead of loosing a vacation-day to get from one city to the next, you will visit the three famous temples of Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo during your transfer from Luxor to Aswan. All present temple remains were constructed during the Ptolemaic era (Macedonian Greek) from 332 BCE, when Alexander the Great conquered Egypt, to the death of Cleopatra VII in 30 BCE, the last Dynasty of Ancient Egypt. The Egyptians accepted the rule of the Ptolemaic Pharaohs because they kept the pantheon of ancient Egyptian Gods alive.
Visit these remarkable temples and admire the change of style in art compared with the ancient temples of Karnak, Luxor and Abu Simbel.
- Private airconditioned transportation
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- All fees and taxes
- Personal spending and tips
- Visited Places:
- Temple of Khnum
- The Temple of Horus at Edfu
- Temple of Kom Ombo
- Pick up from your Luxor accommodation
- Visit the Esna Temple, a well-preserved jewel and an example of Ptolemaic architecture. Only the pronaos (portico), dedicated to Khnum (God of the source of the Nile and creator of the human bodies) and his wife Menhit (Lioness Goddess of war and massacres), has been excavated; the rest of the temple rests underneath the city of Esna. 24 magnificent columns hold the temple ceiling with exceptionally well-carved palm and lotus floral capitals. The ceiling itself is adorned with the Ancient Egyptian interpretation of the constellations, moon phases and astronomical figures. A special feature: there is an ongoing restoration and cleaning project of the temple and it is wonderful to see the professionals at work during your visit.
- The construction of the Edfu Temple started on 23 August 237BC under Ptolemy III and initially contained only a pillared hall, two diagonal halls and a sanctuary surrounded by chapels. We know this because the Edfu Temple is one of the best preserved shrines in Egypt. The walls provide details of the construction, the religious myths and the family history of the God Horus to whom the temple is dedicated. The Edfu Temple is deeply connected to the Hathor Temple in Dendera and was the center of large festivals. Horus was married to his aunt Hathor and each year she traveled south from Dendera to visit Horus in Edfu. A reconstruction of the Sacred Bark is on display in the Holy Sanctuary.
- We drive further south to Kom Ombo to visit the famous double temple, dedicated to Haroeris ("Horus the Elder") and Sobek. Although the temple is badly damaged due to Nile flooding and earthquakes, enough remains to admire the ancient arts. There are some remarkable scenes on the temple walls which will be explained to you like the portrayal of a set of surgical instruments that look extraordinarily like the ones we use today. Furthermore there is a beautiful depiction of an ancient calendar, showing the hieroglyph figures for the days of the month and the seasons. It might be a calender for crops or for the daily offerings to the Gods. Of course you also visit to the Crocodile Museum with its mummified crocodiles, found in the area of the temple.
- Drop off at your Aswan accommodation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Guided tour-transfer Luxor to Aswan over Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo duration is 10 hours.Book Guided tour-transfer Luxor to Aswan over Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You can book Guided tour-transfer Luxor to Aswan over Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo at least in 3 days. Check availability calendar in "Book Now" form to see currently available dates.Book Guided tour-transfer Luxor to Aswan over Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You may also like
Cairo Day Tour is a wonderful private tour of one day to the most sought after historical places of Egypt. The great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx will give you an opportunity to know about the Read more ➤
Enjoy the White Desert Safari - this is a private tour exclusively for you with camping in awesome and unseen place wherever you have been before. Enjoy Bedouin daily life for 2 days 1-night using Read more ➤
With the Private Pyramids Tour & The Egyptian Museum explore Ancient Egypt and visit its monumental sites. Spend some time in Sphinx and Giza Pyramids before leaving for the Egyptian Museum where the Read more ➤
Pyramids of Giza, Memphis & Sakkara Tour takes you to the Great Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx and then the older Step Pyramid of Sakkara, and Memphis - the oldest capital of Egypt. In the end, visit the Read more ➤