Berat, Full Day Trip from Tirana
- Duration - 8 hours
- Private Tours
- What’s this? After you book the Tour or Activity we send you your Tour Voucher or a Ticket(s).
The Voucher is your booking confirmation and tour providers can accept e-Voucher, printed Voucher or both Voucher types.
e-Voucher means that's enough, if you save received Voucher to your phone and show on the tour beginning.
Printed Voucher means after receiving the Voucher you have to print it and take with you to give it printed to the tour provovider at the tour beginning.Printed Voucher
- Cancellation PolicyStandard Cancellation Policy means that:
If you cancel this tour booking at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 13 and 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee charged from the paid deposit.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, or don’t show up at the meeting point on time there is a 100 percent cancellation fee charged from the paid deposit.Standard
- Guide options If the tour is guided here you can see available tour languages. Usually it means along the tour you have a professional tour guide guiding the tour in one or a few specified languages.
Some tours or Activities doesn't require the guide and have a pilots, instructors or simply provider's team member who take care of you along the tour. In this case it's marked as "Not Guided" tour, because it doesn't require a professional tour guide.Language: English
- We pick you up in the Tirana International Hotel.
Berat designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008, comprises a unique style of architecture with influences from several civilizations that have managed to coexist for centuries throughout history. Like many cities in Albania...
- Kala is Berat’s beautiful old castle, located on the top of a hill, and it is the perfect place to admire the town from above!
- The Onufri Museum hosts spectacular sixteenth century paintings created by the greatest Albanian icon-painter of all time!
- Gorica is another beautiful area of Berat adorned with cobblestoned streets, stone houses and small Orthodox churches!
- Mangalem is the Muslim quarter of Berat, and it hosts three gorgeous mosques that are open to the public: the Sultan’s Mosque, the Lead Mosque and the Bachelors’ Mosque!
Berat, Full Day Trip from Tirana
Depart for Berat at 8:30 am and you will be transferred to this beautiful city for around 2.5 hours. This is one of the oldest cities and the pride of Albanian architecture.
The three major neighborhoods of the old city are Mangalemi, Gorica, and Kala where the castle itself is located.
You will start our tour in the castle area. Visiting the ‘Kala’ involves a steep walk up a cobbled path, but those who make it to the top will be rewarded with a fine view of the surrounding area. You will visit the Museum of Iconography ‘Onufri’ which bears the name of the renowned fresco and icon-painter Onufri, who has left a rich inheritance. This museum is located within the cathedral of St. Mary’s Assumption.
You will also visit the Red Mosque, recognized by its lonely minaret and St. Trinity Church. After the fortress, you will visit the Mangalemi quarter and the National Ethnographic Museum. This museum is located in one of the most characteristic and interesting houses of the town, a rich assemblage of traditional objects (more than 1000), and is one of the greatest examples of Berat’s long history and culture.
Across the Osumi River lies the Gorica neighborhood, whose houses face those of Mangalemi. The arched bridge of Gorica, built-in 1780, is a beautiful architectural monument constructed to link Gorica with Mangelemi. Enjoy some free time to stroll on the bridge.
After the tour, there will be an optional lunch in a restaurant with traditional cuisine (at extra cost). Return to Tirana.
- Transfers from and to the hotel
- Transportation with modern a/c vehicles
- Professional guide
- All taxes
- Visited Places:
Please, read the tour description to understand the Itinerary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Berat, Full Day Trip from Tirana duration is 8 hours.Book Berat, Full Day Trip from Tirana now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You can book Berat, Full Day Trip from Tirana at least in 2 days. Check availability calendar in "Book Now" form to see currently available dates.Book Berat, Full Day Trip from Tirana now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint