Armenia Tour Package itinerary:
DAY 1 - Evening promenade in Yerevan
- We will walk in one of the earliest cities in the world founded in 782 BC.
DAY 2 - Etchmiadzin - Zvartnots - Yerevan
- Up to the majority of historians, Etchmiadzin was probably the first cathedral built in ancient Armenia and is commonly considered as the oldest cathedral in the world.
- Zvartnots Cathedral or literally 'holy angels cathedral' is a 1500 years old Armenian style cathedral established by the order of Catholicos Nerses the Builder.
- The Matenadaran - an institution researching history, museum and a place that holds manuscripts. Now here are well maintained more than 23000 ancient manuscripts.
DAY 3 - Garni - Geghard - Sevanavank - Haghartsin - Dilijan
- An Ionic pagan temple located in the village of Garni. It is the best-known sanctuary that survived from the times of pre-Christian Armenia. The facility was built by king Tiridates I about 1900 years ago as a sanctuary to the Mihr - God of Sun.
- Geghard is an ancient monastery, being partially carved out of the bordering mountain, outlined by cliffs. It is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site with special protected site status.
- Haghartsin is a medieval monastery situated near the village of Dilijan. It is located in a rainforest on a mountainside.
DAY 4 - Hayravank - Vardenyats Pass - Areni - Noravank - Bird Cave - Yeghegnadzor
- Hayravank is a very old Armenian monastery placed along the southwest shores of Lake Sevan.
- Vardenyats pass also called as Selim is an ancient caravanserai. The facility worked for as a spot where caravans that went from Europe to the East stopped for an overnight stay.
- In Areni Wine, owners Armen and Ashkhen will tell us about their winery and will allow us to try different types of Armenian wines.
DAY 5 - Jermuk - Carahunge - Tatev - Goris
- Jermuk is a place where you will find a waterfall, artificial lakes, hiking routes, the neighboring forests, as well as mineral water sources. In the Mineral water patio, we are going to taste five different kinds of mineral water.
- Carahunge is a prehistoric archaeological site, which is 3500 years older than Stonehenge and 3000 years older than the Egyptian pyramids!
- Wings of Tatev is a 5700m long cable car that links the Halidzor and Tatev monasteries. It is the biggest reversible aerial cableway designed in one section and has the record for the longest non-stop twin-track cable car in the World.
- Tatev Monastery is Armenian Apostolic monastery from the 9th-century found on a huge basalt plateau. The Tatev Monastery is situated on the border of a canyon formed by the river called Vorotan.
DAY 6 - Khndzoresk - Vorotnavank - Khor Virap
- Khndzoresk Bridge is 160m long bridge weighing 14000kg and links the two banks of the village.
- Vorotnavank represents a complex of monasteries located along the mountain ridge dominating the Vorotan ravine.
- Khor Virap is one of the most popular historical spots in Armenia, for the reason that it is the place where St. Gregory the Illuminator was imprisoned for thirteen years just before curing King Trdat III of a disease. This resulted in the transformation of the king and Armenia into the first officially Christian nation in the world in the over 1700 years ago.
DAY 7 - Vernissage market - Yerevan food market
- Vernissage is a large outdoor market where you can find traditional Armenian jewelry, souvenirs, hand made crafts and lots of other items.
- This day is the end of Armenia Tour Package and you may wish to stay longer in Armenia or, if you have a flight today, we will take you from your hotel to the airport.
- The tour is Wheelchair Accessible!