Itinerary of the Armenia Sightseeing Tour Package:
DAY 1 - Evening walk in Yerevan
- Yerevan, one of the oldest cities in the world will be visited on foot in the evening. Yerevan was founded in 728 BC.
DAY 2 - Garni - Geghard - Sevanavank
- An Ionic Pagan temple which is one of the best structure and symbol of pre-Christian Armenia is located in the village of Garni. It was constructed by King Tiridates I to worship the God of the Sun, Mihr in first century AD.
- Then we will visit Geghard which is constructed by exploiting a mountain having cliffs around. UNESCO recognizes it in the World Heritage Sites List with enhanced protection status.
- Similarly, as per the inscription available in one of the churches, the Sevanavank monastery was built in 874 by Princess Mariam.
DAY 3 - Khor Virap - Areni - Noravank - Bird Cave - Yerevan
- One of the most visited sites in Armenia is Khor Virap because this is the place where St. Gregory was jailed for thirteen years before treating King Tiridates III of a deadly disease. This treatment turned the King into Christianity and counted as the foundation stone of the 1st Christian nation in the world.
- Armen and Ashkhen will let you know about their splendid Areni wine factory and its products. Wine of various variety will also be offered to taste.
- Noravank is located beside Amaghu River nigh to the town Yeghegnadzor. This is a monastery and was built in the 13th century. This gorge is famous due to its sheer, brick-red cliffs visible from the monastery.
- There is Bird Cave which is situated just above the Arpa River. A Karst Cave which was built thousands of years ago has formed this place. Mineral Water is persistently dripping and permeating into the limestone fissures.
DAY 4: Matenadaran - Vernissage - Etchmiadzin
- Matenadaran, Mashtots Institutes of Ancient Manuscripts is a multipurpose place. It is a repository for manuscripts, a research center as well as a museum. Presently, it has 23,000 manuscripts which include fragments too.
- Vernissage is an open-air market of tremendous galore. It offers Armenian jewelry, handicrafts and many other items of traditional nature.
- Many scholars opine that Etchmiadzin was cathedral which has the title of building in the very first in ancient Armenia. It is also considered as one of the oldest cathedral in the world.
- This is the last day of Armenia Sightseeing Tour Package and at the end, we will take you to the airport, if you have a flight or drop you off right to your hotel in Yerevan.