This is a guided walk and tailing tour that combines city, nature, and a love for animals. Walk with your tour guide and tail (drive) behind them to the next attraction in the safety of your own car. Read more ➤
Sapelo Island Tours
- Duration - 4 hours, 30 minutes
- Private Tours
- What’s this? After you book the Tour or Activity we send you your Tour Voucher or a Ticket(s).
The Voucher is your booking confirmation and tour providers can accept e-Voucher, printed Voucher or both Voucher types.
e-Voucher means that's enough, if you save received Voucher to your phone and show on the tour beginning.
Printed Voucher means after receiving the Voucher you have to print it and take with you to give it printed to the tour provovider at the tour beginning.Printed Voucher
- Cancellation PolicyStandard Cancellation Policy means that:
If you cancel this tour booking at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 13 and 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee charged from the paid deposit.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, or don’t show up at the meeting point on time there is a 100 percent cancellation fee charged from the paid deposit.Standard
- Guide options If the tour is guided here you can see available tour languages. Usually it means along the tour you have a professional tour guide guiding the tour in one or a few specified languages.
Some tours or Activities doesn't require the guide and have a pilots, instructors or simply provider's team member who take care of you along the tour. In this case it's marked as "Not Guided" tour, because it doesn't require a professional tour guide.Language: English
- McIntosh County
Half Day Sapelo Island Tours include unspoiled beaches, the beautiful Sapelo Island lighthouse, historic R.J. Reynolds Mansion, University of Georgia Marine Institute, Hog Hammock National Historic Area of Gullah-Geechee descendants of former Island plantation slaves, and haunted cemetery.
- Tours are only available from authorized guides.
- Detailed fascinating history of the Island.
- Island Military History.
- The story four wives and five divorces of R.J. Reynolds!
- Hog Hammock National Historic District
- Behavior haunted cemetery.
- University of Georgia Marine Institute
- One of a kind Turkey Fountain
- Unspoiled Nanny Goat Beach
Sapelo Island Tours
Your tour starts promptly at 8 a.m. at the Sapelo Island Visitors Center, 1866 Landing Rd. SE, Darien, GA 31305. Meet your guide upstairs in the red elevated Visitors Center building. He will be the tall gray haired man wearing a blue U.S. Coast Guard cap. He will give you a brief 15 minute overview of the Center's excellent small time line museum before a 300 yard walk to the ferry dock where you will pay the mate the ferry fee for your group including your guide and board the ferry for the 30 minute trip to Sapelo Island five miles offshore. Be on the lookout for dolphins, sea turtles, sea gulls, pelicans, and sometimes even a bald eagle!
On arrival on the Island, board the seven passenger rental van and drive first to the University of Georgia's Marine Institute in the former R.J. Reynolds dairy and horse barn, including the one of a kind wild turkey fountain.
Next is the historic R.J. Reynolds Mansion, built in 1810. where multimillionaire Richard "Dick" Joshua Reynolds Jr. lived with his four wives during five divorces!
Then you will drive on the causeway to the historic Sapelo Island Lighthouse, build in 1820, and climb the adjacent beacon light if you wish, and even the lighthouse itself on Wednesday and Saturday mornings only.
Next is the beautiful unspoiled Nanny Goat beach, where huge loggerhead sea turtles nest during summer, and their hatchlings emerge in the fall. Wade in the water or swim or beachcomb for fossilized sharks teeth if you wish. Then we tour the Hog Hammock National Historic Area community of Gullah Geechee of descendants of the Island's former plantation slaves and the haunted Behavior cemetery!
The ferry to the mainland leaves promptly at 12:00 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and 12:30 on Saturday.
- Experienced tour guide
- 5 in USD per person over six ferry fee in cash, exact change only including your guide.
- 50 in USD in cash, exact change only for van rental on arrival at the Island.
- 10 USD in cash, exact change only or credit card for gas used on tour.
- Snacks and beverages.
- Visited Places:
- Hog Hammock, Georgia
- Sapelo Lighthouse
- Marine Institute-University of Ga
- Behavior Cemetery
- Sapelo Island Visitors Center
- Nanny Goat Beach
- Reynold's Mansion on Sapelo Island
See the previous description for the tour itinerary in step by step detail including the Marine Institute, R.J. Reynolds Mansion, lighthouse, beach, and Hog Hammock.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sapelo Island Tours duration is 4 hours, 30 minutes.Book Sapelo Island Tours now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You can book Sapelo Island Tours at least in 1 days. Check availability calendar in "Book Now" form to see currently available dates.Book Sapelo Island Tours now just with Booking Deposit on TripsPoint
You may also like