Itinerary of the 7-Day Camel Trekking Tunisia Tour:
DAY 1: Arrival in Djerba, Tozeur or Tunis and setting up
- Arrival, reception at the airport and transfer to the hotel.
- Free day according to your flight schedule.
- Route: According to arrival airport
- Stages: Arrival and idleness
- Accommodation: 4 * Hotel
DAY 2: Towards Bir El Haj
- Reception and transfer in 4x4 vehicle to Bir El Haj (desert door). Arrival, meet the camel drivers and start of the caravan.
- Setting up tents in another world ... in the middle of nowhere where silence will be king.
- Light the wood fire with the team of camel drivers and prepare dinner in a Bedouin atmosphere. Dinner and overnight at the campfire.
- Route: According to city of arrival.
- Stages: Bir El Haj.
- Bivouac accommodation under the stars.
DAY 3: Start of the Caravan
- Wake up gently with the first rays of the sun.
- Light the fire to prepare the sand loaf and have breakfast.
- Beginning of the caravan and departure to our camping point for the second night.
- A hike at your own pace for two or three hours during which you will enjoy the landscapes.
- Whenever you feel tired, your faithful friend, the dromedary will lower itself to transport you.
- Stop for lunch.
- Continuation for 2 hours of walking and installation between the dunes before sunset.
- Installation of tents and second night of change of scenery in the middle of the desert where the only noise you will hear will be the songs of the camel drivers and their stories.
- Route: 4 to 6h.
- Stages: Hdif El Boum.
- Accommodation: Bivouac under Berber tent.
DAY 4: El Biben (Sand dunes)
- Once the first rays of sun penetrate your tents you will be woken up with a head already full of memories of the previous evening and a smile drawn on your faces. Faces that will be full of sands lol.
- The camel drivers would have already lit the fire and prepared the table for a delicious breakfast.
- Our daily program will start and we will follow the rhythm of our camels….
- Light lunch and continuation to our camping point.
- Arrival in El Biben, installation of tents and preparation of dinner to which you can contribute ... Find the wood to light the fire and learn to cook with a minimum.
- Dinner, Saharan vigil and overnight in peace.
- Route: 4 to 6h
- Steps: El Biben
- Accommodation: Bivouac under Berber tent
DAY 5: Towards Zmela (Zmela means the big dune)
- With the first light of the sun that will wow you, you will wake up with a smile on your face.
- You will have taken the rhythm and learned the morning habits of the camel drivers: set up breakfast on the dunes, prepare the bread of sand and meet around the fire to eat.
- Like every day, a well defined pace of walking in the footsteps of dromedaries, except that today it will be a little faster to finally reach the campsite and enjoy a good shower.
- Towards sunset you will arrive at Zmela camp, located in a sublime setting between the fine sand dunes, you will return to your tent, take your showers and your dinner and enjoy a Saharan evening.
- Route: 6 to 8h
- Steps: Zmela
- Accommodation: Zmela Camp
DAY 6: The hot spring and the Troglodyte village
- After breakfast, you will leave the camel drivers who will take the road back and get in a 4 * 4.
- Our first stop will be at the oasis of Ksar Ghilane to enjoy free time between the palm trees and a swim in the hot spring.
- Possibility of quad bike ride in the dunes (extra and paying on site).
- Continue to the famous village of Matmata, this troglodyte village par excellence with a photo stop at the Berber village of Tamazret.
- Arrival in Matmata and homestay where we will be greeted by a good rosemary tea, olive oil and honey offered by our host.
- Typical midday meal with the locals.
- After the meal return to the departure city (Djerba - Tunis and Tozeur).
- Route: According to city of return
- Stages: Ksar Ghilane - Matmata
- Accommodation: 4 * Hotel
DAY 7: End of the Bedouin experience
- Free day to enjoy the pool and the beach then transfer to the airport according to flight schedules
- Stages: Departure.
- End of Camel Trekking Tunisia Tour.
To take with you for the Camel Trekking Tunisia Tour:
- Passport or ID
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun screen
Good to know
- An outfit adapted to the course is to be expected (shoes, seasonal clothing, swimsuit and towel).