Itinerary of the Dar es Salaam Walking Tour:
8:30 - 11:45 AM:
- Meet your guide at your hotel and start Dar es Salaam Walking Tour, heading to the City center.
- Visit the Fish Market to see the fishermen, fish auction and types of fish that are available at the market.
- Then proceed to visit the National Museum and house of culture to see the archaeological documentation of the evolution of man.
- Later proceed to Azania front church for nice pictures. From there, visit the Askari Monument, the Saint Joseph Cathedral, the African Missionaries house and the Sultan Majid Building.
11:45 AM - 1:45 PM:
- Visit the Kariakoo Bazaar.
- Then proceed to India district to see the old Dar es Salaam.
- After lunch continues the tour and visits the Mwenge Curio Shops.
- Thereafter visit the Makumbusho Village Museum to see the traditional architecture of Tanzania ethnic groups.
The end of the Dar es Salaam Walking Tour.
- This is a complete walking tour, we may use public transport to minimize long walk too far stops.
- Please, do not wear slippers during the day of the tour they will disturb you to some stops.
- The meeting point of this tour is at the hotel of the guests or city center as agreed by the Guide.
- Should you arrive and need to be picked from the Airport, please add USD 60 to the remaining balance for the car transfer.
- Please, do not wear a too-short gown for ladies as we might enter religious sites and buildings.
- Always ask your Guide if you want to take pictures of the local people for help.