Detailed itinerary of the 7 days of Bhutan Fly Fishing Tour Package:
DAY 1 - Landing in Paro to Thimphu
- On arrival at Paro International airport, we will extend traditional warm welcome by our team representative that escort you to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan.
- The ride takes somewhat more than an hour to climb to Thimphu.
- In Thimphu, check into our hotel for lunch.
- In the afternoon we will visit memorial Chorten, built in the memory of the late 3rd king.
- Visit Buddha Point at Kuensel Phodrang which offers breathtaking views of the whole lowland. Ride back to the hotel to get ready for tomorrow's exciting day.
- Over night in Thimphu, altitude 2400m.
DAY 2 - Thimphu fishing
- After our relaxing morning meal, we will travel to the fishing stop and try out our luck. If the flies are appropriate we will get to see a lot of discovered trout and sometimes snow trout and catfish.
- Latest private research study on fishes of Bhutan through Fufford Samm Grand shows a report of 183 species of fishes found in Bhutan, predominantly native fishes.
- If you desire we can proceed for city sightseeing in the evening.
- Overnight in Thimphu.
DAY 3 - Thimphu Fishing to Paro
- After our early meal, we can perform a bit of cultural sightseeing in Thimphu prior to proceeding to Paro or try fishing in a various spots at different time. Since the country and people are so religious, not much folks do fishing in Bhutan, for that reason fishes is almost people friendly. In some cases we can see it clearly in still water too.
- On arriving in Paro, check in your hotel and relax or we are going to explore the tiny Paro town.
- Overnight in Paro, elevation 2200m.
DAY 4 - Paro to Haa
- Haa grants us a fantastic spot to catch and releases fishing; for that reason we will be going to have out the evening at very timeless Haa valley, that was opened up to the tourist a decayed ago. Quite similar type of fishes and catla are spotted quite regularly in Haa river.
- En-route we may hike around chelela pass and visit beautiful Kila Gonpa nunnery.
- Rest of your time we are exploring the tiny town of Haa. Over night at Haa, elevation 2250m
DAY 5 - Haa to Paro
- The morning after our relaxing breakfast, we are going to move to the fishing spot and try sometime before proceeding to Paro.
- Lunch break at Paro town, after lunch we will visit national museum of Paro, which hold the ranges of religious artefacts of Bhutan and Paro Dzong, the giant citadel built by the founder of Bhutan in the 17th century.
- We are going to take a lovely walking downward from the fortress to street head to catch our car crossing beautiful cantilever wooden bridge constructed over Paro river.
- Overnight in Paro.
DAY 6 - Paro sightseeing
- The morning after breakfast, we are going to take a straight drive to the north end of Paro valley and hike to Tiger Nest temple (Taktsang), Taktsang is the greatest adored temple to the Buddhist. This specific marvelous temple clings to a vertical granite cliff 900m over the valley. Legend has it that in the 8th century, Guru Rimpoche, a tantric guru flew here on the back of a tigress and practiced meditation in a cave all around which the temple is established.
- The trek to this temple will occupy much of our day (2 hours uphill).
- Evening relax at your hotel or get a hot stone bath, Bhutanese traditional bath.
- Over night in Paro.
DAY 7 - Farewell
- Seven days Bhutan Fly Fishing Tour will be finished today morning hours after boarding your flight to back home, anyone will carry a smile on your face, eyes with tears and memories limitless.
- Tour personnels will bid you farewell at the airport terminal with the simple prayer of save trip and to see you once again in future.